It’s officially spring, although it doesn’t feel like it right now, temperatures have rarely been over 15°C for more a week, however that is predicted to soon change with summer rapidly approaching. Maybe you plan to host a garden party or just break out the lounge-chair and relax, summer is a great opportunity to impress your friends with your cocktail making skills with these delicious, refreshing concoctions.
35ml of vodka
15ml of orange liqueur
Squeeze fresh lime juice
25ml of cranberry juice
Twist orange peel, to garnish
1. Place the vodka, orange liqueur, lime juice and cranberry juice into a cocktail shaker and fill with ice. Shake hard and then strain into a coupe glass or small Martini glass.
2. Hold the piece of orange peel over the glass and carefully flame with a match. Garnish the cocktail with the flamed orange peel and serve.
Long Island Iced Tea
15ml of vodka
15ml of gin
15ml of light rum
15ml of orange liqueur
15ml of fresh lemon juice
15ml of freshly squeezed orange juice
1 teaspoon of sugar syrup
Cola, to top up
Lemon wedge, to garnish
1. Place all of the ingredients into a cocktail shaker with a handful of ice and shake hard.
2. Strain the cocktail into a highball glass, top up with cola and garnish with a lemon wedge.
25ml of pink lady apple juice
50ml of apple vodka
20ml of green apple flavored Sourz, or similar sour apple liqueur (available from specialist drinks suppliers)
Slice of fresh apple, to garnish
1. Mix ingredients in a cocktail shaker.
2. Strain into a tall coupette glass and garnish with the apple slice.
2 dash angostura bitters
1 wedge of fresh lime
2 teaspoon of vanilla syrup
4 small chunks of fresh pineapple
25ml of golden grapefruit juice
35ml of silver tequila
15ml of mandarin liquor
Wedge of fresh pineapple, to garnish
1. Place all the ingredients into a cocktail shaker with a handful of ice and shake.
2. Strain into a tumbler filled with ice.
3. Garnish with a wedge fresh pineapple
Finally, my personal favorite. I first tried this drink on my vacation to the Prague, in the Czech Republic back in February 2016.
45ml of vodka
8ml of crème de framboise
8ml of noir de Bourgogne crème de cassis
22ml of freshly squeezed lemon juice
8ml of sugar syrup (2 sugar : 1 water)
7 fresh raspberries
Top up with, brut cordon rouge champagne and fresh raspberries, slices of lemon, and/or strawberries.
1. Shake the vodka, crème de framboise, noir de Bourgogne crème de cassis, lemon juice, sugar syrup and raspberries with ice and strain into a glass filled with crushed ice.
2. Top up with brut cordon rouge champagne.
3. Lightly stir and serve with straws.